Sardine and Potato Pie au Gratin
1) Peel the potatoes and chop into rounds 1 cm thick.
2) Layer the potatoes in a pie dish, adding salt, pepper and a little nutmeg to each layer.
3) Repeat 3 times and add the sardines to the last layer.
4) Mix the grated cheese with the cream and pour over the potatoes, filling the dish and topping with a bit more grated cheese.
5) Bake in the oven until the potatoes are cooked (160 degrees max. oven temperature).
6) Once cooked, turn up the oven to 200 degrees to brown the cheese.